SANFORD ROBINSON GIFFORD SUITE
1823 – 1880
Was an American landscape painter and one of the leading members of the Hudson River School. Gifford’s landscapes are known for their emphasis on light and soft atmospheric effects, and he is regarded as a practitioner of Luminism, an offshoot style of the Hudson River School. The second-generation Hudson River School painter Gifford built a reputation as a master of light and atmosphere.
During the war, Gifford lost a brother, Edward, in the conflict, and his beloved brother Charles committed suicide at the war’s outbreak in 1861. These personal tragedies may have informed signal pictures in an alternative style emphasizing stark crepuscular effects, for example, Twilight in the Catskills.
In the mid-1870s, the artist lent his voice to those conservative academicians opposing the younger, emerging talents in the Continental-trained figural art who lobbied intensely for more and better representation at the academy exhibitions (and finally broke away to form the Society of American Artists).
Whatever the circumstances, the artist produced some of his finest canvases in his last years, such as Sunset over the Palisades on the Hudson.
THE SANFORD ROBINSON GIFFORD SUITE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Two Comfortables Queen-sized bed
- Private jacuzzi bath with separated shower
- Stone fireplace
- Private patio
- Unique interior with panoramic mountain views
- Small kitchenette
- Hair dryer
- Custom-designed lighting from work light to candlelight
- The fastest wireless internet access
- Flat-screen LCD Smart Tv with Roku and Google Chromecast
- Easy-to-reach USB ports and power outlets
- Mini Home Google wireless Bluetooth speaker
- In-room safe
- 60 Sq Ft
- Max Occ 5